Head of the Lakes United Way’s mission is to unite caring people and mobilize resources to empower individuals and strengthen communities. HLUW invests your dollars to fund the following programs at local nonprofit agencies.
Community Partners: Volunteer Services Program
Coordinating volunteer services to help seniors live independently in the Two Harbors area
North Shore Area Partners: Volunteer Coordination
Coordinating volunteer services to help seniors live independently in the Silver Bay area
North Shore Collaborative: LOTS: Learning Opportunities through Stories Running a summer reading program for children aged birth through 5 years
North Shore Horizons: Crisis Services
Providing 24-hr domestic and sexual violence crisis intervention and supporting financial, housing, and legal needs for women and their children affected by domestic and/or sexual violence
Salvation Army – Lake County: Financial Assistance Program
Assisting individuals in crisis that are “falling through the cracks” or are unable to qualify for assistance through other agencies or programs with financial needs
Socially Active Seniors
Organizing engaging educational and social opportunities for Two Harbors area senior residents
Two Harbors Area Food Shelf
Offering food and resources to Lake County residents in need at no cost
Head of the Lakes United Way improves lives by mobilizing communities. But we can’t do it alone. Together, we are the solution.
Down the block or around the corner, there is someone in need. These are our neighbors, friends, coworkers, and family members.
Head of the Lakes United Way works and invests your donations into programs fulfilling local needs. It is the most efficient, effective, and meaningful way you can give to impact the community.
What can $5 per week for a year do on the North Shore?
- Feed 12.5 meals to families in need
- Supply emergency utility assistance for a household in crisis
- Fund rental costs of the community center to provide space for senior programming once a month
- Shelter a family fleeing domestic violence for 3 days in an emergency shelter
Your gift sustains HLUW’s four core impact areas
- Basic Needs: Ensuring a Strong Network of Human Services
- Education: Fostering Successful Children and Youth
- Health: Increasing Access to Health Care
- Income: Promoting Financial Stability and Independence