So what’s this bike swap all about?
Come join us for the 11th Annual Continental Ski & Bike “Bike Swap” supporting Head of the Lakes United Way and Animal Allies! The Bike Swap is a chance for the community to sell, buy, and get excited to get out on their bikes! This is a fantastic event that we are proud to offer the community to encourage a healthy and active lifestyle. There will be bikes of all sizes and styles here, so come check it out!
If you are interested in selling a bike here’s what you have to do:
- Bring in your bike(s) on Friday April 21st from 9am – 7pm or Saturday April 22nd from 8am – 9:45am.
- All bikes need to be in reasonable working shape.
- When you sell a bike you will get 75% of the selling price, the remaining 25% will go to the United Way and Animal Allies.
- If your bike does not sell on Saturday, it will be automatically discounted by 20% off on Sunday. If you don’t want your bike discounted, then you must pick it up on Saturday, prior to 5pm.
ALL BIKES ON SUNDAY WILL BE DISCOUNTED!
If you happen to have a bike that you would like to donate to the event, 100% of that sale will go to the United Way and Animal Allies! These bikes can be dropped off at Continental Ski & Bike anytime starting now.
If your bike does not sell during the event you will be notified by a phone call on Sunday after 3pm to come pick up your items. All merchandise not picked up will be donated to a local charity.
We cannot accept clothing or parts as part of the swap.
Want to buy a bike?
You don’t have to sell a bike to buy a bike! Come on down and let us help you purchase a fantastic “new to you” bike! Qualified bike “pros” will be here to help you find just the right bike to fit you and your needs.
- The sale hours are Saturday 10am – 5pm & Sunday 11am – 3pm.
- Sorry, no early viewing.
- Cash or credit cards accepted only. No checks.
- All bikes will be discounted an additional 20% on Sunday April 23rd.
- If you are planning on test riding some bikes, please bring a helmet if you have one. We will have a limited amount of test helmets available.
Want to volunteer?
This event takes an estimated 600 hours of volunteer work! Any extra help would be great. If you would like to help out please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Street Vendors and Attractions!
A few years ago we started up something pretty cool by closing down 1st street from 14th-13th in order to not only have a safe place to test out a bike with no car traffic, but also to allow us to have some vendors, local advocacy groups, attractions, and food and drink options.
Follow the Bike Swap event on Facebook for all of the latest updates!
Give us a call or stop on by!
Continental Ski & Bike
1305 East 1st St.
Duluth, MN 55805
Stay connected with us by
following us on social media